To help residents who want more information on the happenings on January 19th in Council regarding Glenway we have navigated through the Town of Newmarket website and if you click on the link – http://newmarket.siretechnologies.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=326&doctype=AGENDA
Listen to Marianneville’s review of site plan along with Council’s comments and motions.
I think it is important to notes several comments that as a resident you may wish to review including:
- Comments made by Marianneville about Block 159 (74 Townhouses) and the lands directly west of Eagle (40 homes) being part of the initial phase of housing: fast forward to 24:00
- Regional Councillor Taylor’s remarks on clarifying phasing to the overall context – more transpiracy to the remainder of development: fast forward to 40:08
- Councillor Kerwin’s remarks on “the sooner we move forward…” “…we had the opportunity to purchase the land and didn’t…” and “the Town has spent over $1M to date: fast forward to 54:47.
- Councillor Bisanz’s remarks to share with residents a Public Information Centre: fast forward to 59:54
- Councillor Kerwin’s remarks “this has been very costly to this municipality – almost $1M…”: fast forward to 1:06:41
In the end the motion to proceed to a Public Information centre (PIC) by Councillor Bisanz was approved which will be February 24th in Council Chambers.
It should be very informative session and we hope you bring your questions. The GPA may be posing questions as well as it relates to the community interface as previously discussed with the Town.